[rabbitmq-discuss] Identify master node

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 16 15:37:52 BST 2013

On 16/07/13 15:28, Girish Gangadharan wrote:
> Thanks, Emile.
>
> I ran the command and here's what I see
> - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/162706/list_queues.png
>
> I was expecting to see the name of the queues and the master node listed
> next to it. That's not quite what I see on the screen though.

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/man/rabbitmqctl.1.man.html
for which parameters you need to supply to get the queue name and the
pid (containing the master node) listed beside it.

> Also, does a master node in this case refer to the node the queue was
> created on?

Not necessarily. It may migrate to another node if a server crashes.

> And if yes, does this mean if there are multiple queues in
> an HA cluster (each created on a different node), there could multiple
> masters at any given time in a mirrored queue set up?

Yes, though not necessarily for the reason you provide.
See http://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html

-Emile