[rabbitmq-discuss] Checking queue size in bytes

Joseph Weeks weojoew at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 17:18:12 BST 2013

Thank you, Matthias!

The "total payload size of messages in a queue" feature would perfectly
suit our needs.  I completely understand the low priority of this and the
other queue policies; our situation fortunately appears to be an
exceedingly unusual one across the community (and tantamount to broker
abuse).

By the way - the changes between 2.8.7 and the 3.x releases have been an
enormous help to us.  RabbitMQ has long been the most reliable part of our
architecture, and with every release we find it to be more reliable and
easier to configure and monitor.  On top of all that, the new features and
enhancements have frequently obviated the need for sizeable portions of our
applications.  Judging by the repository (particularly the bug25553 branch)
and other discussions on the mailing list, we can expect even more of that
in the future.

That's all to say - thanks guys.