[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue Replication over WAN

Guillaume Ouellet gui.ouellet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 02:19:46 BST 2013

Ok, I think I have found a way to solve this issue.

My queues will be durable, so if the server crashes, the queues will be
reloaded on boot up. The servers RAID configuration will make sure we don't
loose any items from our queue.

The producer client code will implement  a logic where if the primary
hostname can't be reached, we will send the items to the secondary
hostname. The consumers will listen to both hostname.

2 questions:

1. Is this approach flawed ?
2. I am using c# client, and I can't find in the doc any scheme for
alternate nodes in case the primare fails? Is there any implementation
similar to this, or I'll have to do my own ?

Thanks