[rabbitmq-discuss] DOS protection

carlhoerberg carl.hoerberg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 22:01:23 BST 2013

I've experienced some trouble with clients that intentionally or accidentally
creates a huge amount of channels, consumers or queues (10.000 - 100.000).
And they do it faster than that be detected between the 5 sec mgmt
information updates so the server(s) runs out of memory and we're unable to
detect or take action against it before it's too late.

Is it possible to create a plugin that will monitor new
channels/consumers/declarations in real-time and block (disconnect) if too
many are made in a short amount of time?