[rabbitmq-discuss] ANN New RabbitMQ Logstash plugin is ready for the final review
mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Jul 4 15:16:17 BST 2013
Some time ago, I've started working on a new version of the RabbitMQ plugin
It is now ready for the final review. If you are a Logstash user who wants to use
RabbitMQ as either Logstash input or output, please have a look:
The new plugin solves a number of issues:
* Events over 128K in size caused the output to fail
* Throughput of both input and output was far below expectations on JRuby
* Input configuration was needlessly complicated and confusing
finally, the previous plugin was effectively unmaintained.
To solve these problems, this new version does the following:
* Uses Bunny 0.9  on MRI
* Uses HotBunnies 2.0  on JRuby
* [In near future] Reduces input configuration to what's really essential
This version network and RabbitMQ node recovery and makes ease of
operations a priority.
Because Logstash is primarily used with JRuby, you will likely see significant
(x5-6 times for the output, x2-3 times for input) throughput improvements
with HotBunnies. In addition, by tuning RabbitMQ channel settings and consumer
thread pool sizes, input throughput can be further increased by at least double
I'd be happy to hear what you think: just leave a comment to the pull request.
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss