[rabbitmq-discuss] openssl -out issue when trying to generate key and certificates

Luis Rodriguez lrodriguez1995 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 19:41:07 BST 2013

Hi all,
I have a single node rabbitmq-server installed running erlang R14b (host only network, no firewall).
trying to follow the tutorial on ssl.

My goal is to use SSL encryption (not concerned about client and server validation) but apparently there is no shared cipher the client and server can use that requires no keys, so I am trying to setup my certificate authority.

my pic shows an "unknown option -out" when I try to use the tutorial code below:

trying to generate the key and certificates that our test Certificate Authority will use.
# openssl req -x509 -config openssl.cnf -newkey rsa:2048 -days 365 \ -out cacert.pem -outform PEM -subj /CN=MyTestCA/ -nodes
# openssl x509 -in cacert.pem -out cacert.cer -outform DER

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
thanks in advance

Luis