[rabbitmq-discuss] Can server use multiple ack in confirm mode with mandatory bit

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 3 15:37:30 BST 2013

On 03/07/13 15:30, Haster wrote:
> Simon, thanks for reply
>
> I saw such realization of publish method in SimpleAmqpClient:
>
> they send amqp_basic_publish (with mandatory bit and in confirm mode),
> after what they call amqp_simple_wait_frame and if received frame is
> BASIC_ACK then they
> return OK...
>
> So as I understand this realization is incorrect?

Not necessarily - if they've wrapped both the publish and the wait for
confirmation in one function call then you'll never get a multiple ack,
since you'll never have more than one message outstanding at once.

(Assuming the threading model doesn't permit you to call this function
from more than one thread...)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen