[rabbitmq-discuss] Can server use multiple ack in confirm mode with mandatory bit

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 3 15:12:36 BST 2013

On 03/07/13 14:27, Haster wrote:
> Hi there,
> Problem:
> I have a channel in confirm mode that I want use for publishing message.
> I set mandatory bit and publish message...
> After that I wait for some answer (basic.ack or basic.return and after that
> basic.ack)
>
> Can server in that situation send to me basic.ack with multiple = true
> (multiple confirmation).

In theory we reserve the right to send basic.ack{multiple = true} at any
time when in confirm mode.

In practice the use of mandatory (particularly with transient messages)
might change internal timings inside the broker such that
basic.ack{multiple = true} was very rare. But it could still happen.

> Or it will confirm every message?

You can't assume that.

Cheers, Simon

--