[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ QUEUE MESSAGES

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 2 18:03:06 BST 2013

On 02/07/13 17:32, Ceri Storey wrote:
> If you need to store an unbounded number of messages in the queue

I'm guessing the issue is the per-connection flow control that prevents
messages being published faster than they can be routed to queues,
rather than the global mechanism that protects the broker when it runs
low on memory or disk space.

The space required to store 8 million messages of 600 bytes is close to
usage ratio where paging starts, rather than the ratio where global
memory-based flow control engages.

>  1. Use the rabbitmq-toke plugin, which allows messages to be stored in
>     tokyo cabinet. That said, I don't know how well supported and/or
>     documented that is.

It is unlikely that this will help if my previous guess was correct,
because the rabbitmq-toke plugin will be a further burden on the disk.

-Emile