[rabbitmq-discuss] Write access required to read from queue?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 16:23:11 BST 2013

2013/7/2 Steve Valaitis <steve at digitalnothing.com>

> What about stopping them from creating durable queues? If I can't stop
> them creating durable queues is the only solution to periodically
> sweep the queues list and delete any durable inactive amq.gen-*
> queues?

Make them create exclusive queues (a reasonable thing to do for
server-named queues).
They are deleted when the connection that created them closes. There is no
way to restrict
creation of queues to a particular combination of properties.

You can also use queue TTL, although care needs to be taken when picking
the value:
https://www.rabbitmq.com/ttl.html#queue-ttl
--
MK