[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ QUEUE MESSAGES

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 2 15:00:19 BST 2013

Hi,

On 02/07/13 14:36, rabbit15 wrote:
> but after some time there is flow control fired and my producer
> couldn't send as much messages as I want to. How could I turn off
> that feature?

One of the reasons to use a message broker is to mediate between
publishers and consumers that work at different rates. If you set the
maximum length of the queue to a small number then messages will be
dropped instead of queued when consumers are too slow. Only consider
this option if you can afford to lose messages.

http://www.rabbitmq.com/maxlength.html

> Producer -> RabbitMQ -> Buffer Module -> RabbitMQ -> Consumer
>
> because RabbitMQ message broker is as I see only to route the messages not
> to store them.

It shouldn't be necessary to introduce another buffer, because that is
what queues do. If you need more buffering then perhaps your broker
needs more memory or faster disks.

> I changed also watermark to 100 and disk_free_limit is set to 0.

These settings make it more likely for the broker to crash by running
out of memory or disk space.

-Emile