[rabbitmq-discuss] Write access required to read from queue?

Steve Valaitis steve at digitalnothing.com
Mon Jul 1 21:21:53 BST 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Jerry Kuch <jkuch at gopivotal.com> wrote:
> A nice summary of which things you need which permissions on for which amqp
> operations can be found here:
>
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/access-control.html

I had looked at that before, but maybe not put 2 & 2 together. So the
queue.bind command is what's causing the ^amq\.gen-.* write permission
to be required? In my use case I suppose it doesn't matter much since
just generic queues are being created.

What if I had a durable queue that multiple processes were connecting
to. With that scenario wouldn't anyone connecting to that queue also
be able to publish new messages to it?