[rabbitmq-discuss] what's the meaning of deliver and get ?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:43:25 GMT 2013

2013/1/31 andy lin <oldhomelh at gmail.com>

> Could you tell me the reason and the difference between deliver and get?
>
> <http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/file/n24797/11.jpg>

basic.deliver is an AMQP 0.9.1 method RabbitMQ uses to "push" messages to
clients.
Messages then may be acknowledged automatically (immediately) or manually
(when the client sees fit).

basic.get is another operation when a client fetches a message
synchronously,
very similar to HTTP GET. Again, messages may be ack-ed manually in this
case
but it is relatively rare to do so, I believe, so in most cases you will
see automatic acknowledgements
used with basic.get.

> In the picture ,there is only one value and the rate of deliver equals the
> ack.why?

My guess would be because of the different acknowledgement modes used.

Please take a look at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/amqp-concepts.htmlwhich explains
what I've said above in more detail.
--