[rabbitmq-discuss] Performance Hit when using Federation

Eric Cozzi n16483 at cray.com
Wed Jan 30 17:26:59 GMT 2013

Hello all,

I am investigating RabbitMQ for a project where we would need to
federate multiple brokers. From my testing, I'm seeing acceptable
throughput results as long as the server and client are bot talking to
the same RabbitMQ server instance. However, as soon as I have the Server
and Client talking to different servers using a federated exchange, I'm
only seeing 1/4 of the throughput. Is this expected? I've looked at
changing the prefetch counts, to no obvious avail. Any other items that
I can tune?

Thanks,
Eric