[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ scaling with OpenStack

Ray Pekowski pekowski at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 06:36:28 GMT 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Matthias Radestock
<matthias at rabbitmq.com>wrote:

> {queue,exchange}.declare when the resource already exists are quite cheap.
> However, the latency of the associated network roundtrip can badly affect
> performance. Unless you set the nowait flags, thus suppressing the response
> and making the commands asynchronous. Even then though these are not
> commands you'd want to send for every message.

Matthias, thanks, that is good to know.  Latency isn't the issue in my
study.  I drove the RabbitMQ servers in a cluster of up to 3 to 100% CPU
and throughput was my main metric.  It would be interesting to profile the
RabbitMQ server to see where it is spending most of it's time.