[rabbitmq-discuss] Upgrade of RabbitMq version

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 23 10:33:37 GMT 2013

Hi Naveen

On 01/23/2013 10:19 AM, Naveen Kadiyala wrote:
> For clustering flowing the link
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html, was stuck while joining the
> clustering .
>
> [root at domU-XXXX ]# rabbitmqctl join_cluster rabbit at domU-XXXXXX
>
> Clustering node 'rabbit at domU-XXXX with 'rabbit at domU-XXXXX ...
>
> *Error: cannot_discover_cluster: The nodes provided are either offline
> or not running*

That error message clearly states that thereis some kind of connectivity
problem between the nodes. I've not used Amazon EC2 before, but 60
seconds on google yielded this:
http://karlgrz.com/rabbitmq-highly-available-queues-and-clustering-using-amazon-ec2/

Might I suggest you read through that and see if it helps.

Regards,
Tim