[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit Node Won't Boot No Matter What I Do (schema_integrity_check_failed)

Chris stuff at moesel.net
Wed Jan 23 04:11:52 GMT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a federated, clustered RabbitMQ environment on my
Mac 10.8 system.  I am using RabbitMQ 3.0.1, installed by HomeBrew.

The first time I setup the environment, everything worked great.  So great
that I wanted others to be able to do it too, so I created a script to do
it all.

Then I stopped all my rabbit nodes (using rabbitmqctl -n nodename stop) and
ran the script to do it all again.  This resulted in some nodes not being
able to boot up.  Now, no matter what, I can't get these particular nodes
up again (schema_integrity_check_failed).  I've read that this can be
resolved by deleting the mnesia DBs (/usr/local/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/*),
but even that didn't help!

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  I've attached my script, a
crash dump, and some logs.  Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris