[rabbitmq-discuss] messages not getting acknowledged as it should be

jdepp j_depp_99 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 21:54:41 GMT 2013

I changed my code from using the basic get for the consumer to use the
subscribe option. With the basicget I could see each message get
acknowledged after processing. Using the subscribe method I see the messages
disappear from the ready queue at a fast rate but appear in the Unacked
column and then get acknowledged but at a slower rate.

        Dim consumer As New QueueingBasicConsumer(gchannel)
        Dim consumerTag As [String] = gchannel.BasicConsume(queueName,
False, consumer)

        While True
            counter += 1
            Try
                // basic get code commented out
                ' Dim noAck As Boolean = False
                ' Dim result As BasicGetResult =
gconsumer.BasicGet("raw.data.output", noAck)

                Dim e As RabbitMQ.Client.Events.BasicDeliverEventArgs =
DirectCast(consumer.Queue.Dequeue(),
RabbitMQ.Client.Events.BasicDeliverEventArgs)
                Dim props As IBasicProperties = e.BasicProperties
                Dim result As Byte() = e.Body

                 Dim body As String =
System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetChars(result)
                 body = Trim(body)

                 If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(body) Then
                        gchannel.BasicAck(e.DeliveryTag, False)
                        AddMessagePost(body)