[rabbitmq-discuss] WCF .net problems

kecke info at travo.se
Mon Jan 21 08:36:14 GMT 2013

We are trying to run with rabbitmq instead of msmq, due to the size limit in
msmq of 4mb per message. But we have some problems.

1. We want the queues messages to be persistant(e.g - if rabbitmq service is
stopped and restarted the messages will still be in the queue). Is there any
way to do this(e.g set deliverymode=2) in the app.config?

2. We want durable queues. We found in this messagelist a post about that,
and the trick was to change this on line 152 in
rabbitmq.servicemodel.rabbitmqinputchannel Before: string queue =
m_model.QueueDeclare(); After: string queue =
m_model.QueueDeclare(base.LocalAddress.Uri.AbsolutePath, true, false, false,
null); ...we then got durable queues. This couldnt be done in any other way?
3.

We want the client(which in our case is a WCF-service) to post a message to
the queue and then forget(and be sure that sometime in the future the
message will be delivered), so we have oneway="true" in our app.configs. The
consumer is also a WCF-service. If we stop the rabbitmq server, then our
services get an error - like its always connected to RabbitMQ. Is there a
way in the app.config to tell the services we have to only connect when
messages is delivered or retrieved?

4. It seems that the messages isn't consumed one by one-it seems that it
gets them all att once? Is there a way to tell service to fetch them one by
one?

5. We try to do WCF and have all config in app.config, so we dont code
rabbitmq specific code.