[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ RPC | Multiple consumers

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:58:11 GMT 2013

Hi,

A RabbitMQ RPC Server is no more than a simple consumer that gets messages
from queue, process them, inspects their "reply_to" property and replies to
that address with the result, possibly passing along the message
"correlation_id" so the RPC Client can keep track of the responses.

So you could run one of those process, or many in parallel, it doesn't
matter.

Now if you want to have more than one process to pick up the message and do
something with it, then you will have to put a fanout exchange in front of
your RPC Server. That would be the easiest way to get the RPC Request to
different components.

Regards,

Alvaro