[rabbitmq-discuss] Increasing the file descriptors limit

Jean Paul Galea ninuhadida at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 13:20:36 GMT 2013

On 01/17/2013 02:06 PM, Jean Paul Galea wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Here's the output:
>
> ~# erl
> Erlang R15B03 (erts-5.9.3.1) [source] [64-bit] [smp:8:8]
> [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
>
> Eshell V5.9.3.1 (abort with ^G)
> 1>
> BREAK: (a)bort (c)ontinue (p)roc info (i)nfo (l)oaded
> (v)ersion (k)ill (D)b-tables (d)istribution
>
> So that unfortunately confirms that epoll is not enabled. Any hints on
> how to change this? Is it configurable or do we have to compile the
> package ourselves?
>
> Thanks,
> Jean Paul

I think I know what needs to be done. From `man erl`:

+K true | false:
Enables  or  disables  the kernel poll functionality if the emulator
supports it. Default is false (disabled). If the emulator does not
support kernel poll, and the +K flag is passed to the emulator, a
warning is issued at startup.

So it's a question of seeing how erlang is started when rabbitmq-server
is initiated.

Will post back if I come up with a solution.