[rabbitmq-discuss] Increasing the file descriptors limit

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 17 13:01:06 GMT 2013

Hi Jean

On 17 Jan 2013, at 12:57, Jean Paul Galea wrote:

> We installed Erlang using the esl-erlang package from erlang-solutions. How can I check if epoll support is enabled? I'm not very Erlang literate I'm afraid.

No problem at all. Just run `erl` and post back what the banner says. Mine looks like this:

t4 at iske:distributed-process $ erl
Erlang R15B01 (erts-5.9.1) [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false] [lock-counting]

Eshell V5.9.1  (abort with ^G)
1>
BREAK: (a)bort (c)ontinue (p)roc info (i)nfo (l)oaded
       (v)ersion (k)ill (D)b-tables (d)istribution

Note that I'm on a mac, where kernel-poll is not supported by Erlang at all. On other *nix based systems this should say 'true' if the emulator was built with epoll (or kqueue, i.e., on bsd) support enabled.