[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq boot failure with "tables_not_present"

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 17 10:35:04 GMT 2013

On 16/01/13 19:54, Zhao, Shanyu wrote:
> We have two rabbitmq servers to form a cluster. It mostly runs great.
> But sometimes after redeploy, we saw some boot failure error in rabbitmq
> server log.

Hi. I've reproduced the problem. In order for this to occur:

* You must be using the cluster_nodes configuration parameter
* You must stop all nodes and then fully reset them
* You must then start all nodes simultaneously

I suspect it's the latter bit which is causing this to be intermittent
for you. I'll file a bug to get this fixed, but in the mean time if you
could stagger the start of your cluster nodes (so that one node starts
on its own, and then others can start simultaneously or apart) that will
act as a workaround.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen