[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.0 Policy ha-all delete issue

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 14 19:52:45 GMT 2013

Mark,

On 14/01/13 19:35, Mark Ward wrote:
> Would the one-queue-per-message still be an anti-pattern if the cost of
> creating queues was less?

No, though it would have to be *considerably* less expensive.

> I have tried to find more information about this anti-pattern.  I am
> thinking it is an anti-pattern due to the cost to create, subscribe, and
> publish the queue on a per message basis.  I am not finding information if
> it is a messaging architecture anti-pattern.

I doubt there are many messaging architectures where message
publish/receive/ack is anywhere near as expensive as queue creation,
subscription and deletion. So in that sense one-queue-per-message is an
a general anti-pattern.

Regards,

Matthias.