[rabbitmq-discuss] newbie with data feed application to Rabbit

Jerry Kuch jerryk at rbcon.com
Mon Jan 14 17:16:15 GMT 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 7:18 AM, jdepp <j_depp_99 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would like to set up a rabbitMQ system that will be used for an
> application
> that has multiple data feeds and parsers to these feeds. Basically I will
> have one process that accesses all these feeds and places the data in
> queues
> and my parsers will be the consumers. I think after reading I will just
> have
> to create a producer to grab the feeds and place in queues and have the
> consumers access those queues. I am not sure as to what would then be the
> broker and how does this relate to my intended project. Does anyone know of
> any samples related to such a project type?

Your scenario sounds like a fairly standard work queueing scheme and people
do this with RabbitMQ all the time.

I am wondering what you mean by "I am not sure as to what would then be the
broker."  In the Rabbit world, the 'broker' is the RabbitMQ server (or
cluster of servers) itself.  A producer connects to the broker and
publishes messages into it, while consumer connect to the broker and
consume messages from queues.  Your queues exist within the broker.