[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.0.1 crash badmatch

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 8 11:22:48 GMT 2013

Hi Kenneth,

On 08/01/13 07:41, Kenneth Fuglsang wrote:
> I'm running RabbitMQ 3.0.1 on a Windows Server 2008 x64 machine with
> Erlang R15B01, but from time to time RabbitMQ crashes and corrupts its
> database.

>           {{{function_clause,
>              [{rabbit_queue_index,journal_minus_segment1,
>                [{no_pub,no_del,ack},undefined],
>                []},
>               {rabbit_queue_index,'-journal_minus_segment/2-fun-0-',4,[]},

> Is this a known problem, and what could I do to resolve it?
> I don't know how to provoke it. It happens sporadically with several
> weeks between.

This is not a known problem. In order to investigate further it will be
useful to get a copy of the entire mnesia database directory as well as
the output of "rabbitmqctl report" and complete logfiles. Please feel
free to contact me off-list to arrange.

Can you rule out any other process tampering with the files in the
mnesia database directory? Errors like the one you report are possible
if any other process makes any changes to the files in that directory.
If there is any filesystem corruption or issues with the storage
hardware then problems are also possible.

-Emile