[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbit starts failing when I set up freeipa client
matthias at rabbitmq.com
Sat Jan 5 12:48:59 GMT 2013
On 05/01/13 11:23, Nate Marks wrote:
> I'd be happy to cc the public mailing list.
(putting list back on cc)
For the benefit of the list... Nate found that
I can solve the problem by just disabling sssd. of course SSO doesn't
work then, but maybe this points us in the right direction.
chkconfig sssd off
the rabbitmq-server comes up fine.
It sounds like there's an sssd fix upstream that's working it's way
down. An alternative that worked for me is to keep sssd disabled and
start it after rabbitmq. that seems to be a reasonable hack while I
wait for the sssd fix.
We had a similar problem report some months ago that we were never able
to reproduce but thought we had fixed by some changes to our startup
> The opscode chef server bootstrap process installed rabbitmq from EPEL
> (details below).
> Name : rabbitmq-server
> Version : 2.6.1
That would be the problem then. The aforementioned change was made in
2.8.0. Please follow the instructions at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-rpm.html to get the latest version of
RabbitMQ; given that you have Epel 6 set up already you should be able
to simply download the 3.0.1 rpm and install it.
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss