[rabbitmq-discuss] How to configure HTTP redirection (port 55672)?

Gotthard, Petr Petr.Gotthard at Honeywell.com
Tue Feb 26 10:23:14 GMT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to run two instances of RabbitMQ on one machine and have some troubles changing the port numbers for the rabbitmq_management.

The documentation for 3.0.2 says that to change the HTTP port for rabbitmq_management I need to do something like this:

[{rabbitmq_management,
  [{listener, [{port, 15672},
               {ip, "127.0.0.1"}
              ]}
  ]}
].

That's fine, but the standard 3.0.2 installation listens also on 55672 and redirects this to 15672. This means that when running two 3.0.2's there are two servers that want to listen on 55672 and redirect it to somewhere else.

The question is: how can I disable in rabbitmq.config the HTTP port redirection, or how can I change the port that is being redirected (by default 55672)?

Thanks,
Petr