[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ dying

Jerry Kuch jerryk at rbcon.com
Sat Feb 23 01:04:35 GMT 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Christian S. Perone <
christian.perone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Jerry, great thanks for the quick reply. I'll try to update the
> Erlang VM to a newer one, the directory '/etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf.d'
> didn't exist (I think it was removed on the upgrade process to the 3.0.2
> version), but this message is only showing on the version 3.0.2, when I was
> using the 2.7.1 the conf.d was present and the same thing happened, so I
> think that this couldn't be the cause. I'll upgrade the Erlang and stress
> it again to check how it works.

Let us know how you make out.  It sounds like you're in a position where
it's safe to scrub your Ubuntu boxes of both Erlang and Rabbit, and build
up from fresh...

Also, be mindful that there are config file differences between such
disparate versions, so leftovers from an old Rabbit may antagonize a new
one.  Still, one would expect something less horrendous than a mute
segmentation fault....

Jerry