[rabbitmq-discuss] Help understanding a crash report

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 22 21:20:23 GMT 2013

On 22/02/13 20:48, Jerry Kuch wrote:
>     =CRASH REPORT==== 14-Feb-2013::10:36:54 ===
>
> This could be pretty much anything, from client misbehavior to
> connection disruption...

Indeed. And the resulting error report is spurious; it's essentially
complaining that it can't close a connection because that connection is
already dead. This was fixed in 2.8.7.

Which neatly brings me to the next point...

> And if none of the changes in 3.0.x are going to provide you short term
> inconvenience, then try going straight to the latest 3.0.2; if there are
> 3.0 changes that you think will bother you or require changes to your
> apps or infrastructure, then jump to 2.8.6 for now... it was the seventh
> and last of the 2.8.x series

Erhm. 2.8.7 was the eighth and last. So go with that if 3.0.2 is not an
option.

Matthias.