[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ blocking issue

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Feb 21 17:26:29 GMT 2013

Peter,

On 21/02/13 16:25, Konar Peter (Nokia-LC/Chicago) wrote:
>    Latest attempts:

Excellent. Exactly what I wanted to see. Or rather not. It does look
like rabbit has forgotten to read from the connection :(

Did the connection resume work after the vm_memory_high_watermark toggling?

After staring at the code for a couple of days I have identified and
fixed one scenarios in which a connection could end up in the state you
are seeing. It happens only after an illegal sequence of channel.close
followed by basic.publish on the same channel, and only during a very
narrow window in conjunction with flow control. So I doubt this is the
cause, but it would still be worth giving that fix a try, just to rule
out that scenario. I will send you a patch by private email.

Regards,

Matthias.