[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ blocking issue

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Feb 21 14:41:39 GMT 2013

Peter,

On 21/02/13 14:27, Konar Peter (Nokia-LC/Chicago) wrote:
> Matthias, We upgraded erlang on the rabbits and had another
> occurrence. 08:00 shows the frozen state and 08:05 shows the state
> after :
>
> - Next time the issue occurs, please run rabbitmqctl
> set_vm_memory_high_watermark 0.0001 followed by rabbitmqctl
> set_vm_memory_high_watermark 0.4
>

> Connections look like they are working fine after the commands.

That is inconclusive, unfortunately, since the connection that was
blocked at 08:00 - 10.196.42.128:59179 - doesn't show up in the second
report. Please check the logs to see when that connection was closed and
why.

Btw, you can drop the Java stack traces from the reports; I've seen
quite enough of them now ;)

Matthias.