[rabbitmq-discuss] odd rabbitmq / heartbeat /drbd duplicate mount

Frank frank.ritchie at dealer.com
Thu Feb 21 00:02:13 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I am troubleshooting a rabbitmq 2.6.1 / drbd-heartbeat issue.

- /proc/drbd correctly reports the primary on both nodes

- 'crm status' correctly reports all cluster resources (filesystem/rabbitmq
service/ip address) as running on the node that is the drbd primary

what has me stumped is that while the ip address is only on the primary
heartbeat node (like it should be), /var/lib/rabbitmq is accessible as both.

'mount' and mtab both reports that /var/lib/rabbitmq is not mounted on the
backup heartbeat node but I can see the same .erlang.cookie on both
nodes. The output of rabbitmqctl is the same for both nodes.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks