[rabbitmq-discuss] Creating an auth plugin (Kerberos)

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Feb 20 15:56:20 GMT 2013

Simon,

On 15/02/13 14:13, Simon Lundström wrote:
> I have configured my plugin to be used before the internal one:
> {auth_backends, [rabbit_auth_backend_kerberos, rabbit_auth_backend_internal]},
>
> And if I allow all login attempts in my plugin, noone (not "internal_admin"
> specified in the internal database nor "virtual-user" which is supposed to be
> able to access the system) can access the API (so it disables the CLI and
> management GUI too).

That's because you are setting tags = [] in
https://github.com/simmel/rabbitmq-auth-backend-kerberos/blob/5eaccf20f13032f35b4d81c74ec2af24f9a4c974/src/rabbit_auth_backend_kerberos.erl#L28

You'll probably want to invoke
rabbit_auth_backend_internal:lookup_user(Username) and extract the tags
from the result.

Regards,

Matthias.