[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Management console not working

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 15 13:35:19 GMT 2013

Ah, I think I see the problem. Setting RABBITMQ_SERVICENAME for your
services sets RABBITMQ_BASE, which then controls the location of where
the RabbitMQ service(s) will look for the enabled_plugins file.

But you are not setting this when invoking rabbitmq-plugins.bat, so it's
writing the file to a different location. And sadly there's a bug in the
rabbitmq-plugins.bat script which prevents it from looking at
RABBITMQ_SERVICENAME.

I'll file a bug to get that fixed. But in the mean time you should be
able to get the management plugin started by copying the enabled_plugins
file from %APPDATA%\RabbitMQ\enabled_plugins to
%APPDATA%\TermaniaDevRabbitMQ\enabled_plugins and
%APPDATA%\TermaniaProdRabbitMQ\enabled_plugins.

Since you're using RabbitMQ 3.x you do not need to reinstall the
service, just restart it.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen