[rabbitmq-discuss] Python to Java

Holger Hoffstaette holger.hoffstaette at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:47:33 GMT 2013

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:41:54 -0600, Andrew Rubalcaba wrote:

> I'm using Spring AMQP project with AMQP Template on the Java Side. On the
> Python side I'm using pika 0.9.9.  Sending over a string from Python to
> Java I get something like [B at 3909ea96 instead of the actual string.  Any

You are looking at a byte array and its default #toString()
representation, which will give you Java's array identifier [ for bytes B
at "@" the object's "address". :)

So in other words you will need to turn that byte array into a client-side
Java String, hopefully using the proper character encoding.

hth :)
-h