[rabbitmq-discuss] Setting the local-nodename parameter value via HTTP?

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Tue Feb 12 02:13:04 GMT 2013

I'm looking for an example of exactly what needs to be passed to the
RabbitMQ 3.0.2 HTTP API to set the local-nodename value.

I can properly set federation-upstreams, so I feel like I'm close. I'm just
not sure (and can't seem to find any exact documentation) on what the body
and URL strings are supposed to be.

I've tried all sorts of permutations. Here's what I think should work:

Method: PUT
Body: {"name": "local-nodename", "value": "mq_mpietrek"}

No matter what I try, I get back a 404.

Thanks much,

Matt