[rabbitmq-discuss] Node failure for a mirrored queue

Бородин Владимир root at simply.name
Mon Feb 11 07:52:53 GMT 2013

Hi all.

I'm testing mirrored queues in v. 3.0.1. If I stop node with 'rabbitmqctl stop_app', clients and other nodes behave normally (clients reconnect to other nodes because of a tcp balancer and other nodes continue to serve the queue). But if I close one node from others with iptables or kill it with Alt+SysRq+b, the cluster stops working for a long period of time. Is there any kind of a timeout, after which the node is considered to be dead by others? It does not depend on which node I kill - the primary or one of the slaves. There are 3 nodes in a cluster, the queue is mirrored by a policy like that '/	HA	^(?!amq\\.).*	{"ha-mode":"all"}	0'.
If I should give extra info for understanding of a problem, tell me, please. Thanks.

--
Vladimir