[rabbitmq-discuss] Topic Exchange Question

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Wed Feb 6 06:19:08 GMT 2013

Thank you for that information.

I am in the process of setting up some test machines now, but based on what
I am reading it seems that the bound exchanges must be instantiated within
the same RabbitMQ instance or cluster.

In my situation I'd like to have a topic exchange that could route to a
local queue or "foreign" exchange based on the topic. Would you comment on
whether or not that is possible with the "exchange.bind" method?

Regards,

Richard

http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2010/10/19/exchange-to-exchange-bindings/
> and: http://www.rabbitmq.com/e2e.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Alvaro
>

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Richard Raseley <richard at raseley.com>
wrote:

>> Can a topic exchange be used to route messages both to a queue but also
to another exchange (to be routed to queues by that second exchange)? I
have been looking for documentation that talks about such a configuration,
but I am only seeing exchange to queue documentation.