[rabbitmq-discuss] Failed to create cookie z

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 5 12:07:07 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 05/02/13 06:16, alice7 wrote:
> I just installed new erlang and new rabbit mq on my machine.
> And when I trying to enable the management module it is giving this error:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\erl5.10\erts-5.10\bin>erl.exe -sname rabbit

Why are you starting the broker in this way instead of using one of the
supplied .BAT files? Are you sure the shell environment is correctly
populated for that to succeed?

> {error_logger,{{2013,2,5},{0,8,58}},"Failed to create cookie file
> 'z:/.erlang.cookie': enoent",[]}

"ENOENT" means "No such file or directory". Are you sure you have a Z:
drive? If you have installed the broker manually then make sure you read
http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-windows-manual.html .

-Emile