[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster capability?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 17:42:19 GMT 2013

2013/12/22 Paul Bell <arachweb at gmail.com>

> a. First, do I rightly assume that it's possible to connect HA clusters
> via Shovel?

Yes. Shovel or (exchange) Federation.

> b. If my component on cluster A publishes a message to its local broker,
> will that message get sent via Shovel to the remote cluster? I think what
> I'm asking here concerns whether or not *my* component must publish to the
> Shovel itself, or does the cluster "know" to propagate the message via
> Shovel? I ask this because I'm wondering how far I can push the mirroring
> capabilities of the logical broker. I seem to recall that the local end of
> a Shovel would appear to local components as a regular exchange.

Shovel and exchange federation basically replicate message streams of an
exchange
to another node/cluster. Queue federation distributes queue contents
between nodes/clusters
(this is NOT replication but rather a form of partitioning).

> c. Finally, does Shovel permit more than two peer clusters or, if I had 3
> clusters, would I need 3 Shovels interconnecting them?

Shovel connects two nodes. You can connect node A to B, then B to C.
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin