[rabbitmq-discuss] Recommended queue architecture

Jason McIntosh mcintoshj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 18:14:36 GMT 2013

Another off the wall idea - create a queue for "message orders
received/completed", publish on the first order "started order id", and
then create a queue for each "order id".  Then you could start up a
listener on that "message orders received/completed" to dynamically start
listeners on the specific "order id" queue and shut it down after the queue
is completed.  Not sure this is really a good idea though

Jason

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Alvaro Videla <videlalvaro at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> RabbitMQ won't do any aggregation for you. What you could do is route
> similar messages to the same queue(s). Also AMQP messages can have a
> correlation_id property that you could use to aggregate them later.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alvaro
>
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 2:31 AM, Mike Nibeck <mnibeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Scenario: Order processing system. Orders can contain multiple children
> > objects (items, addresses, customer, etc.) We place messages on a queue
> when
> > any elements of an order gets modified. We want to be able to correlate
> all
> > of the messages into a single message "Order Updated", with the details
> of
> > what got updated. The individual edits can come in at any time, and not
> > necessarily all of the edits for given order will be processed at the
> same
> > time.
> >
> > In this scenario, I feel that we ned to somehow persist all of these
> > messages and then do some sort of data analysis and group all of the
> related
> > messages for a specific order. Can any of this aggregation occur within
> the
> > queuing system, or will we need to persist these messages in another data
> > store (DB) and process on a schedule?
> >
> > _mike

Jason McIntosh
https://github.com/jasonmcintosh/