[rabbitmq-discuss] Access Control required for RabbitMQ and Management plugin

Saurabh Sharma saurabh.infoedge at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 06:43:23 GMT 2013

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply .
I have gone through the links provided but still not able to achieve my
goal.
1) i want to create a user who can make call to api for aliveness test and
querying queues.
i am setting permission like

rabbitmqctl set_permissions -p / monitor "^(.\.aliveness-test.*)$"
"^(.\.aliveness-test.*)$" ".*"

but still getting the error that
"error":"not_authorised","reason":"ACCESS_REFUSED - access to queue
'aliveness-test' in vhost '/' refused for user 'monitor'"

can you please direct me about how to create a user with specific
permissions on a specific resource .

Thanks
Saurabh Sharma