[rabbitmq-discuss] Publisher confirms requires seperate call to get ack?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 05:53:11 GMT 2013

2013/12/18 Ryan Brown <ryankbrown at gmail.com>

> Is anybody aware of a good example doing publisher confirms, preferably in
> erlang but any language will do. Also, is it necessary to do it for each
> message? I know, theoretically, the answer is no. But I have a wrapper
> around Rabbit that must return synchronously to clients publishing messages
> so it appears to be the best option.

It depends on your client library. E.g. in Java, C# and Ruby (Bunny) you
can publish as many messages
as you want and then use Channel#waitForConfirms to wait for all
outstanding confirms to arrive.

it doesn't have to be done per message and RabbitMQ pushes confirms to you,
you do not poll for acknowledgements.
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin