[rabbitmq-discuss] Lower delivery rate than publish rate - why?

MikeTempleman mike at meshfire.com
Fri Dec 13 21:50:22 GMT 2013

I noticed something else very odd.

Currently, one queue has 43,000 messages backed up in its queue. But when I
look at the exchange (there is only one exchange) I see that the message
rate in exactly matches the message rate out.

With such a huge backlog, why would that be? I would have thought that the
consumers (there are 16 total distributed across 4 systems for that queue
with a prefetch of 100) would run at a much higher steady state.

This exchange also seems to cycle regularly. It appears to run from a low
of around 60/s in and out to 500+ a second in and out.

--

*Mike Templeman*
*Head of Development*

T: @talkingfrog1950 <http://twitter.com/missdestructo>