[rabbitmq-discuss] Counting messages dropped because of expired TTL

Jos Kraaijeveld jkraaijeveld at justin.tv
Tue Dec 10 19:50:57 GMT 2013

Hi there,

We recently ran into a situation where we have more message than we can
process, so I want to temporarily drop certain unimportant messages. This
will be using a per-message TTL. I was wondering whether it was possible to
see how many messages are actually dropped because their TTL has expired by
the time they end up at the front of the queue. Is this information tracked
and obtainable by Rabbit, or would I have to resort to a DLX-approach and
process those dead messages manually?

Thanks in advance!