[rabbitmq-discuss] shutdown log file time stamp

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Dec 11 10:12:41 GMT 2013

On 10/12/13 20:39, Prabodh Upreti wrote:
> Just noticed that the shutdown log does not have a times stamp when the
> services is shutdown.  Is there a way display that time stamp?  Thank you in
> advance.

No.

Note that the shutdown log is just a capture of stdout from the command
that shuts down the server - normally it should not contain anything
interesting. You could check its timestamp though I think.

There *are* messages logged to the main log file when the server shuts
down, and those have timestamps. In 2.8.4 these should say "Stopping
Rabbit" when the shutdown commences, and "Halting Erlang VM" when
shutdown is complete, both logged with INFO severity.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal