[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbit,failure_during_boot

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 10 09:39:08 GMT 2013

On 09/12/2013 15:50, Tiziana Stoesselli wrote:
>                   [{rabbit_queue_index,parse_pub_record_body,
>                    {rabbit_queue_index,load_journal_entries,1},

The queue index has ended up with a whole load of zeroes appended to it.

We've seen this happen a few times, usually associated with OS crashes
or power loss or similar.

We changed the queue index file format to be more resilient to this sort
of corruption in 3.2.0. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do
though if you've already got a corrupt file with an older version of
RabbitMQ apart from reset the node and start again.

Cheers, Simon