[rabbitmq-discuss] Running Rabbitmq on AWS EC2 and changing hostnames

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 10:11:04 GMT 2013

Hi Emile

Thank you for your reply. After I posted my question on this list,
this is what I had tried :

I followed the following steps :
1. Create a config file at the following path : /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf
2. Add the following entry
NODENAME=rabbit-grokbox at localhost
3. Restart instance or rabbitmq-server

I removed the stuff I had done earlier, namely the init scripts are as
they before I touched them. This did the trick and my application
worked no matter how many times I stopped/started my instance. But I
am not sure if this is the right way and will there be any issues
because of this.

Would this be recommended? Any known problems you foresee because of
the config file entry?

Regards,

Pradeepto
--
Pradeepto Kumar Bhattacharya
KDE e.V. Board of Director | Proud KDE Contributor