[rabbitmq-discuss] consumption of messages of a HA clustered disc queue

Brent Ryan brent.ryan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 02:07:47 GMT 2013

If I have a 2 node HA rabbitmq disc node cluster that we're using
confirms/acks that live behind a load balancer...  What happens when I
consume messages from this cluster from multiple consumers and/or threads?
 Is it possible for multiple threads to consume the same message since it's
sitting behind a load balancer?  In other words, does the consumption of a
message from an HA queue mark a message on all nodes in the cluster as
"consumed in processing" before returning or will we hit issues with
multiple threads possibly consuming the same message through the load
balancer?

Thanks,
Brent